Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Even the non-coconut lovers in my house liked this one! I modified a chocolate chip cookie recipe for my daughter who likes coconut. It has a mild coconut flavor...if you want a stronger coconut flavor, try coconut extract instead of vanilla.
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) package coconut cream pudding mix, instant
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or coconut extract)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla chips, morsels
- 1 cup coconut
- Combine margarine and sugars, beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add pudding mix, beat to combine.
- Add eggs and vanilla; combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Stir in morsels and coconut.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoon onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. They will be lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.