Another way to use those beautiful crabs we caught. Don't be put off by the seemingly long list of instructions and don't forget Aussie tablespoons are actually 4 teaspoons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 blue swimmer crabs (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 red chilies, chopped
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (sweet Thai)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- steamed rice, to serve
- 1Lift top hard shell from crabs and use fingers to scrape insides. Wash, then split in half.
- 2Heat the oil in a large wok over high heat then stir-fry the crab pieces in batches until they turn pinky red. Remove and set aside.
- 3In the same wok, stir fry garlic, ginger and chili for 1 minute.
- 4Add the juice, waer, sauces and paste and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 5Blend in the coconut cream.
- 6Bring to the boil then return the crab to the wok.
- 7Simmer covered, for 4-5 minutes, adding a little water if the sauce reduces too much.
- 8Stir in the coriander and onions, then serve at once over steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Chili Crab
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.1
- Calories from Fat 524
- Total Fat 58.2 g
- Saturated Fat 40.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 1246.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 17.7 g