Recipe by Mad Maryno
Easy, Yummy, Warming, and Simple.. with a hint of that something exotic...
Top Review by kele_johnson
Try adding some garam marsala to the soup in the simmering stage along with the red pepper. I make a dish similar to this one. I think that adding the garam marsala is what makes the soup.
- 1 coarsly chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄8 cups coconut milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onion and cumin with the olive oil in the pot over medium-high heat.
- When the onion looks translucent, add the tin of diced tomatoes, with the equivalent of water and the chickpeas.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes then add the coconut milk.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.