Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very simple dish that is elegant enough for a formal dinner party!
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- cooking spray
- 3 cups light bodied red wine (Chianti works well)
- 1 cup dried plum
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- For the Coconut Chicken: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a shallow dish, mix together the coconut, corn flake crumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic. In another shallow dish lightly beat the two eggs. Prepare a shallow baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg and then the coconut mixture coating all surfaces of the breast. Place each piece on the baking dish, drizzle with melted butter, and bake for 25-30 minutes. Use an internal probe thermometer to be sure the internal temperature of the chicken reached 165 degrees. While the chicken is baking, prepare the plum sauce.
- For the Plum Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Let this simmer for about 20 minutes or until the plums become soft. Let this cool slightly and then use a food processor or blender to puree the mixture. Serve with coconut chicken.