Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Haven't tried it yet but it sounds great! It looks like a wonderful Summer meal! Let me know if you try it and I will post a review as soon as I get to make it!
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml hot pepper sauce
- 396.89 g can light coconut milk
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 177.44 ml breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground pepper
PINA COLADA or PINEAPPLE DIP
- 85.04 g crushed pineapple
- 85.04 g fat free sour cream
- 113.39 g pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix (no alcohol)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large plastic bag.
- Add chicken to bag and seal.
- Marinate in fridge 1½ hours - turn bag occasionally.
- Combine bread crumbs, coconut, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard remaining marinade.
- Dredge chicken, 1 pc at a time into bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken on a sprayed baking sheet
- Coat top of chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
WOW! These were so good, I would give them 10 stars! I actually made these kabob style and that turned out great and was perfect for dipping. I baked them on a wire rack on a cookie sheet so that all sides would crisp up and not get soggy/burnt. I used 10oz chicken and cut the rest back to 3 servings worth and that was perfect for 2 people. I was a bit confused about how the 7pts was calculated, since I got more when I entered it into the Ww recipe builder but then again you aren't consuming most of the marinade and really we had more sauce than we needed so I guess it doesn't matter much. We did use the leftover sauce on some shortcakes which was fantastic as well! This is very simple and tastes so gourmet. Perfect for entertaining!
I love coconut but tend to avoid it b/c it isn't exactly waist-line friendly. However, I saw this recipe and couldn't resist (afterall, it has the WW points right in the title!). I followed the recipe with one exception- I had to use coconut creme instead of coconut milk b/c that's all my grocery store had. I also added a dash of red pepper flakes to the marinade and the coating, and marinated the chicken overnight. This recipe is delicious! I drizzled the pina colada dip over the chicken tenders instead of dipping, and I think that was a great choice b/c it gave the pina colada taste w/o covering up the taste of the chicken. We will DEFINITELY be making this again! Thanks so much for sharing!
This is as easy as it sounds. The chicken is moist and dip is wonderful. Enjoy!