Recipe by Redsie
Haven't tried it yet but it sounds great! It looks like a wonderful Summer meal! Let me know if you try it and I will post a review as soon as I get to make it!
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
WOW! These were so good, I would give them 10 stars! I actually made these kabob style and that turned out great and was perfect for dipping. I baked them on a wire rack on a cookie sheet so that all sides would crisp up and not get soggy/burnt. I used 10oz chicken and cut the rest back to 3 servings worth and that was perfect for 2 people. I was a bit confused about how the 7pts was calculated, since I got more when I entered it into the Ww recipe builder but then again you aren't consuming most of the marinade and really we had more sauce than we needed so I guess it doesn't matter much. We did use the leftover sauce on some shortcakes which was fantastic as well! This is very simple and tastes so gourmet. Perfect for entertaining!
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
PINA COLADA or PINEAPPLE DIP
- 3 ounces crushed pineapple
- 3 ounces fat free sour cream
- 4 ounces pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix (no alcohol)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large plastic bag.
- Add chicken to bag and seal.
- Marinate in fridge 1½ hours - turn bag occasionally.
- Combine bread crumbs, coconut, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard remaining marinade.
- Dredge chicken, 1 pc at a time into bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken on a sprayed baking sheet
- Coat top of chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.