- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 750 g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced lengthwise
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
Chilli apricot chutney
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 400 g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Make chilli apricot chutney: Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chilli flakes. Cook for 1 minute. Add onion, apricot, sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until chutney is thick.
- Meanwhile, place flour and coconut in separate shallow dishes. Lightly beat eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Preheat oven to 150°C Line a baking tray with paper towel. Coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg, followed by coconut, pressing coconut on with fingertips to secure.
- Fry in batches putting them in the oven on the baking tray until you are done.