1/1 Photo of Coconut Chicken With Chilli Apricot Chutney
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 750 g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced lengthwise
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
Chilli apricot chutney
- 1Make chilli apricot chutney: Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chilli flakes. Cook for 1 minute. Add onion, apricot, sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until chutney is thick.
- 2Meanwhile, place flour and coconut in separate shallow dishes. Lightly beat eggs in a shallow bowl.
- 3Preheat oven to 150°C Line a baking tray with paper towel. Coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg, followed by coconut, pressing coconut on with fingertips to secure.
- 4Fry in batches putting them in the oven on the baking tray until you are done.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Chicken With Chilli Apricot Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1000.6
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 214.5 mg
- Sodium 320.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 104.9 g
- Protein 53.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar