Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very easy and quick recipe. We enjoy serving this over rice.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400ËšF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly beat the egg in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix the coconut, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, dip the chicken in the bowl with the beaten egg and then coat with the coconut mixture.
- Place on the baking sheet. Once all chicken breasts are coated and on the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping once halfway.
- To prepare the apricot sauce, mix the apricot preserves and the Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.