Another winner from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup lime-flavored seltzer water
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- salt (optional)
Maui Wowee Dipping Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup red pepper jelly
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1Cut each chicken breast into 4 to 6 (1-inch) strips.
- 2Whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients in a bowl. Combine coconut and breadcrumbs in a large shallow dish. Dip chicken pieces in flour mixture, and dredge in coconut mixture.
- 3Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a deep skillet or Dutch oven; heat to 350°.
- 4Fry chicken, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired. Serve with Wowee Maui Dipping Sauce.
- 5Maui Wowee Dipping Sauce: Mix all ingredients together. Serve with Coconut Chicken Tenders.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Chicken Tenders With Maui Wowee Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.3
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1179.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 51.6 g
- Protein 34.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lime-flavored seltzer water