Created for Ready Set Cook 2006. A delicious take on a popular Caribbean-influenced appetizer! The Mango Chutney should be made 4-6 hours in advance. Cook times do not include the refrigeration time for the chutney.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Creamy Mango Chutney
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled minced fresh ginger
- 1 seeded chopped green chili peppers (a mild one like poblano or anaheim) or 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (if you like it HOT)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons sour cream (any fat content)
Coconut Chicken Strips
- 1For Creamy Mango Chutney:.
- 2Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate 4-6 hours. Sweeten with additional sugar or honey to taste, if desired.
- 3For Coconut Chicken Strips:.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 5Mix coconut, flour and salt in a bowl.
- 6Beat egg in a separate bowl.
- 7Dip chicken strips in egg, then coat in coconut mixture.
- 8Place on a very lightly greased shallow baking pan.
- 9Drizzle evenly with the melted butter.
- 10Bake for 25 minutes, turning once, until browned and cooked through.
- 11Serve with creamy mango chutney.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Chicken Strips With Creamy Mango Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 637.9
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 220.4 mg
- Sodium 681.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 41.7 g