Recipe by Norahs Girl
Forget the stick and serve this tasty chicken dish on noodles or steamed basmati rice.
Top Review by Gingernut
This was good but I had to "doctor it up" a bit. When I first tasted it, it was pretty bland. But I added a couple extra Tbsps of sweet chilli, some fish sauce, and some lime zest and juice (I didn't have lime leaves). I also added quite a bit of a Thai pepper-lime seasoning mix that I happened to have. I also added some broccoli, but it could've also done with some red capsicum strips. It was VERY rich! Nice and easy.
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 1⁄2 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 8 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 45 ml chunky peanut butter
- 15 ml sweet chili sauce
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 6 fresh lime leaves, finely shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wok or a large frying pan (skillet).
- Add onion,garlic and ginger and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn up heat,add chicken and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter,chilli sauce,coconut milk and lime leaves if using.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes ot until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with noodles or rice.