Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Forget the stick and serve this tasty chicken dish on noodles or steamed basmati rice.
Make and share this Coconut Chicken Satay recipe from Food.com.
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 1⁄2 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 8 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 45 ml chunky peanut butter
- 15 ml sweet chili sauce
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 6 fresh lime leaves, finely shredded (optional)
- Heat wok or a large frying pan (skillet).
- Add onion,garlic and ginger and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn up heat,add chicken and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter,chilli sauce,coconut milk and lime leaves if using.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes ot until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with noodles or rice.
This was good but I had to "doctor it up" a bit. When I first tasted it, it was pretty bland. But I added a couple extra Tbsps of sweet chilli, some fish sauce, and some lime zest and juice (I didn't have lime leaves). I also added quite a bit of a Thai pepper-lime seasoning mix that I happened to have. I also added some broccoli, but it could've also done with some red capsicum strips. It was VERY rich! Nice and easy.