1/1 Photo of Coconut Chicken Salad
Savvy Hostess's Note:
From a popular restaurant on Lake Minnetonka, here in the Twin Cities
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb (Not from a can! Whirl 4 slices of somewhat stale white or French bread in food processor)
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded out to 1/4 inch thick between
- plastic wrap
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup flour, seasoned with
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, and
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 10 ounces mixed greens
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced (cut in half lengthwise around pit, twist to separate halves, remove pit with tip of spoon and scoop)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1For Chicken:.
- 2In a shallow baking dish or pie plate combine coconut and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and coconut extract.
- 4Dip chicken strips into beaten eggs, then dip in seasoned flour.
- 5Dip again in eggs. Press into coconut-bread crumb mixture, using palm of hand. Coat well!
- 6Heat 1/2 inch of oil in frying pan over medium high heat.
- 7Add coconut-battered chicken to oil and fry on both sides until golden brown. (2-3 minutes).
- 8Remove from pan and let stand for 3 minutes. Cut in slices.
- 9For Salad:.
- 10Arrange mixed greens, artichokes, tomato, hard-boiled egg slices, avocado slices, shredded cheese and black olives on large platter.
- 11Place coconut chicken over greens. Serve with honey mustard dressing.
- 12For Dressing:.
- 13In a small bowl, combine all ingredients with a whisk. Can make ahead and store in fridge. Serve with salad.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1098 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2091.4
- Calories from Fat 926
- Total Fat 102.9 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 537.4 mg
- Sodium 3522.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 215.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.8 g
- Sugars 99.9 g
- Protein 88.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: