Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Something I threw together one night with what was on hand. Everybody enjoyed it, so we kept it!
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 medium potatoes
- 0.5 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tomato bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup water
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- Cut potatoes into cubes. Rinse.
- Place all ingredients in pan. Add chili powder, garlic powder and tumeric to taste.
- Cover & simmer over low heat until chicken is cooked through. (I usually add chicken frozen, so it takes longer).
I made this for dinner tonight - I really liked the sound of it ... easy to make and just a few ingredients. I added 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp of chili powder, but this still seemed like it needed something else to take it over the top for us. I didn't have turmeric and did not want to substitute with anything else, so I just added a bit of salt and pepper. Maybe the turmeric would have made the difference for us, I don't know. I think this dish has great potential - it smelled so good while cooking and the flavors were good, though muted in my opinion - so I will try it again and use the turmeric - but it is hard to know how this should come out with no actual measure for the spices. I did add a cup of julienne carrots just for some added color. Thanks for posting - made for Spring PAC 2012.