Recipe by karen in tbay
Believe this recipe was copied from a children's magazine such as Family fun or Todays Parent. I was at my daughters playgroup when I quickly wrote this out on a scrap piece of paper while I thumbed through magazines.
Top Review by pheebess
This was really great! it was easy to make, and my three year old son enjoyed helping prepare it. It was delicious. I'll bet this would work if you substituted shrimp for the chicken too. We only had sweetened coconut, but it still turned out wonderfully good. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, squashed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 " chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease cookie sheet.
- Mix the coconut, flour and seasonings on a plate.
- Whisk together the egg, veg oil and garlic in bowl.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Brush with egg mixture then roll in coconut mixture, patting to make sure coating adheres well.
- Bake 20 mins, turn over and bake 10-15 mins til lightly browned and crisp.
- Guessing at number of servings.