Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I actually made this up when I was making curry chicken and I ran out of curry powder. So I started just putting stuff in the crock pot, but it tastes good.
- 6 -8 chicken pieces
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 slices fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 stock carrots or 2 regular carrots
- 3 celery ribs
- 1 onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk (regular, not the diet stuff)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 cup raw peanuts (or at leasted unsalted)
- Brown chicken with garlic,with garlic cut in large pieces(about 3 slices in a clove)or simply toss chicken in frozen with chopped cloves.
- Toss in all the vegetables, and chicken.
- Mix together coconut milk, and cumin.
- Toss everything, including coconut mix, in crock pot.
- Cook time is based on how you like your meat. If you like to chew your meat, then 9 hours on low if the chicken is frozen.5hours on low if the chicken was browned first.
- If you like to have your meat the fall off the bone, (assuming that your chicken has bones, the best way to cook this dish is the have bones in your chicken, cause it keeps in the flavour), 10-12 hours on low if the chicken is frozen. 7 hours if the chicken was browned first.
- And just eat with rice, has to be rice, can't be anything except for rice. RICE! Plain white rice!
We loved this! I added toasted coconut and it was delicious.