1/2 Photos of Coconut Chicken Curry With Yogurt
Chef #344023's Note:
A delightful curry dish, with a surprisingly sweet taste. Adapted from "Extending the Table" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter
- 3 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml ground ginger (or 1 inch grated gingerroot)
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole cardamom pods or 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1360.77 g skinless chicken thighs
- 236.59 ml nonfat yogurt
- 9.85 ml turmeric
- 236.59 ml coconut milk
- 29.58 ml raisins (optional)
- 1In a heavy pan, sauté butter, onions and garlic until soft and lightly brown.
- 2Add spices, and fry 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Add chicken, and brown on all sides.
- 4Mix yogurt turmeric, and coconut milk together and add to chicken. Cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer 35-45 minutes until chicken is tender. Remove cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods. Serve hot with rice.
- 5Optional: substitute 2 1/2 tsp curry powder for coriander, cumin and cayenne pepper.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Chicken Curry With Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.7
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 239.2 mg
- Sodium 802.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 58.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole cardamom pods