Make and share this Coconut Chicken Curry - Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional, more if desired)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 -3 tablespoons toasted flaked coconut (optional)
- Heat oil in a medium fry pan.
- Add chicken breasts and brown on both sides.
- Place potatoes and onion in crock pot.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Combine coconut milk, salt, pepper, curry powder, hot sauce and chicken broth in a bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Add to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- One half hour before serving, add peas on top of chicken mixture.
- Just before serving, stir mixture thoroughly and sprinkle with toasted coconut if using.
- Serve over rice or Asian noodles, if desired.