Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very easy recipe to make curry from scratch!
Make and share this Coconut Chicken Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and thinly chopped
- 1 inch gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 kg chicken, cut into bite size
- 2 spring onions, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 dried red chilies
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a frying add the oil; add in the onion, garlic, and ginger.
- 2. Add the chicken and pieces of spring onion.
- 3. Stir fry for 5 minutes until chicken is browned.
- 4. Add the coconut milk.
- 5. Stir in the chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and dried red chilis.
- 6. Cook on simmer for 15-45 minutes (more time it cooks, more tender it gets).
- 7. Take off heat and add the lemon juice - Voila!