Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from a pad of recipes.
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs or 2 lbs chicken breasts
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup peas, thawed if frozen
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Heat in a large skillet or wok, over high heat the vegetable oil.
- Add chicken. Brown on both sides. Remove from pan. Add onions, carrot, peas, scallions, jalapeno, ginger and garlic.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, raisins, curry powder, and salt bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken, reduce the heat, and simmer 20 minutes for breasts, 25 minutes for thighs, or until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked. Serve with cooked rice.