Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yes, another curry with this title! Different to others posted, this one is from Best Food - Mains (Australian Women's Weekly)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 700 g chicken thigh fillets, sliced thinly
- 1 onion, sliced thickly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Heat half the oil in a wok and stir fry chicken, in batches, til lightly browned; remove chicken from wok.
- Heat remaining oil and stir fry onion, garlic and ginger until onion softens. Add spices and stir fry briefly til fragrant.
- Add tomato; stir fry til just softened; return chicken to wok with remaining ingredients and stir til heated through.
- Serve with homemade naan or chappatis.
This was delicious and easy to follow, but I will definitely double the spices next time for more flavor. Also, to shave off a few calories, I used light coconut milk and used only a half teaspoon of peanut oil for the chicken and had enough oil left and from the chicken that I did not need to add more to cook the onion/garlic/garlic. **Update** For more flavor and spice, to the leftovers I added a little Red Curry Paste, mixed it in well, and it made this absolutely perfect, so in the future, I'll add about 2 Tablespoons (or more) of that at step three.
This is a good recipe, but kind of bland. I will increase the spices next time.
Great recipe, but next time I will add a bit more salt as I think it would need it. Other than that I added some zucchini to have veggies in it.