Top Review by ciao
These were delicious! I served them with an apricot dipping sauce (Store bought) and my family loved them! The coconut flavor is mild, but adds great flavor, and the chicken stays moist. Even my seven year old enjoyed them. My husband kept thanking me for great chicken nuggets. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 lb chicken breast (cut into 2-inch or 3-inch pieces)
- 1 cup coconut (flaked or shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix flour, coconut, salt, pepper and garlic powder together.
- Dip chicken bites in the egg, then in the flour mixture. Place the chicken bites onto a greased cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Turn once during cooking.
- This is good served with an apricot or plum dipping sauce. Jan.