Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 lb chicken breast (cut into 2-inch or 3-inch pieces)
- 1 cup coconut (flaked or shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix flour, coconut, salt, pepper and garlic powder together.
- Dip chicken bites in the egg, then in the flour mixture. Place the chicken bites onto a greased cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Turn once during cooking.
- This is good served with an apricot or plum dipping sauce. Jan.
These were delicious! I served them with an apricot dipping sauce (Store bought) and my family loved them! The coconut flavor is mild, but adds great flavor, and the chicken stays moist. Even my seven year old enjoyed them. My husband kept thanking me for great chicken nuggets. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
SO good! Everyone loved this, which was very surprising, because no one was looking forward to it, but they all really enjoyed it. I made some on Morning Star Farms vegetarian chicken strips for myself and daughter and it was great! Everyone else had the real thing, and we followed the recipe exactly. Delicious!
Served it with cherry sauce. Nice! Clumped together in the pan, and some got crispy while some stayed soggy, but each person had their preference, and every last bite was devoured.