Prep 6 mins
Cook 14 mins
Source: Weight Watchers Magazine. Serving size 1.5 cups. 5 points a serving.
Make and share this Coconut Chicken and Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) baguncooked boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, bring broth and next 5 ingredients to a boil in a dutch oven.
- Add chicken and reduce heat .
- Simmer uncovered 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, onions, and lime juice.
- Ladle soup into bowls.