Recipe by FLKeysJen
From Epicurious. This can be made with shrimp instead of chicken, and mango may be substituted for the pineapple. Time does not include soaking skewers or marinating.
- 2 (1/2 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast (about 1 lb)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 5 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple (20 3/4-inch cubes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 3/4-inch cubes and place in a bowl.
- Place garlic, shallot, ginger, cilantro, salt, cumin, peanut oil, lime juice and coconut milk in processor or blender. Puree until smooth liquid forms.
- Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium. Add marinated chicken cube then pineapple cube then another marinated chicken cube to each bamboo skewer. Grill until chicken is slightly golden all over, turning as needed (about 5 minutes each side).