1/3 Photos of Coconut Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
From Epicurious. This can be made with shrimp instead of chicken, and mango may be substituted for the pineapple. Time does not include soaking skewers or marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1/2 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast (about 1 lb)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 5 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 fresh pineapple (20 3/4-inch cubes)
- 1Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Cut chicken into 3/4-inch cubes and place in a bowl.
- 3Place garlic, shallot, ginger, cilantro, salt, cumin, peanut oil, lime juice and coconut milk in processor or blender. Puree until smooth liquid forms.
- 4Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- 5Preheat grill to medium. Add marinated chicken cube then pineapple cube then another marinated chicken cube to each bamboo skewer. Grill until chicken is slightly golden all over, turning as needed (about 5 minutes each side).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 289.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 10.3 g