Sassy in da South's Note:
A yummy sticky coconut chicken that pairs wonderfully with rice. You can use the leftover coconut milk as part of the liquid required in making your rice for a nice mildly sweetened white rice. Preparation/cook time does not include marination time, so plan accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1Marinade chicken in coconut milk, ginger, pepper and red pepper flakes at least one hour (longer is better).
- 2Remove chicken from marinade and grill on barbecue.
- 3While the chicken is grilling, bring glaze ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until mixture is reduced and thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Be patient because it takes a little while. But once it starts getting really thick, immediately take it off the heat!
- 4Glaze both sides of chicken the last few minutes of grilling and serve chicken over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 587.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 15.9 g