Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple and tasty macaroons with a crunchy outside and a chewy inside that melts in your mouth. if you want, dip the bottoms in melted chocolate, or drizzle some on top after baking.
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 1⁄4 cups shredded coconut
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- combine and heat evaporated milk, sugar, and butter in microwave until butter is completely melted.
- stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut and flour.
- Fold wet mixture into dry until combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-13 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- melt chocolate chips and use to dip the bottoms of the cookies.
Although the recipe didn't say when to add the salt, I put it in with the flour! Also dipped only half the macaroons in the chocolate, but another time would do them all! A great addition to the other cookies in my cookie/bar sale! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]