Recipe by For Goodness Bake!
Simple and tasty macaroons with a crunchy outside and a chewy inside that melts in your mouth. if you want, dip the bottoms in melted chocolate, or drizzle some on top after baking.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although the recipe didn't say when to add the salt, I put it in with the flour! Also dipped only half the macaroons in the chocolate, but another time would do them all! A great addition to the other cookies in my cookie/bar sale! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 1⁄4 cups shredded coconut
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- combine and heat evaporated milk, sugar, and butter in microwave until butter is completely melted.
- stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut and flour.
- Fold wet mixture into dry until combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-13 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- melt chocolate chips and use to dip the bottoms of the cookies.