Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
My next-door neighbor is 85 years old and still spends her days in the kitchen! Needless to say, her bars cause quite a stir between the surrounding homes!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; blend until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the butter mixture with the mixer now on low speed.
- Mix just until blended.
- Add the oats; stir until combined.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the white chocolate chips, the coconut, and cherries; beat just until well mixed.
- Press the dough evenly into an ungreased 15 x 10 jelly-roll pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining white chocolate chips on top; bake 16-18 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the center is almost set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into diamonds, squares, or strips.