Recipe by Lainey6605
I tried these after seeing the recipe on the back of a Land O Lakes low-fat half-n-half container and they are yummy.
Top Review by **Mandy**
Made these for morning tea for the in-laws today and they were a great hit. I did them as small round scones & sprinkled with vanilla sugar before baking. Great melt in your mouth texture & I love the dry cherries in these, never would have thought of doing that. Thanks a keeper for me!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup half & half light cream
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar or 1 tablespoon decorator sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg, half-n-half, coconut, cherries and lemon peel in a small bowl.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Stir just until flour mixture is moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead lightly 8-10 minutes.
- Pat dough into 7-inch circle.
- Place onto greased baking sheet.
- Cut into 8 wedges (do not separate).
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Cut wedges apart; remove from baking sheet.