1/2 Photos of Coconut Cherry Scones
I tried these after seeing the recipe on the back of a Land O Lakes low-fat half-n-half container and they are yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup half & half light cream
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar or 1 tablespoon decorator sugar
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Combine egg, half-n-half, coconut, cherries and lemon peel in a small bowl.
- 4Add to flour mixture.
- 5Stir just until flour mixture is moistened.
- 6Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead lightly 8-10 minutes.
- 7Pat dough into 7-inch circle.
- 8Place onto greased baking sheet.
- 9Cut into 8 wedges (do not separate).
- 10Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 11Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Cool 15 minutes.
- 13Cut wedges apart; remove from baking sheet.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cherry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.8
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 293.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: