- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup glace cherries
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/gas 5.
- Sift into a large bowl flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar finally adding coconut.
- Cut cherries into pieces.
- In separate bowl whisk egg, milk, vanilla extract and oil until smooth.
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and add egg mixture, stir until just combined.
- Add cherries being careful not to overwork the batter.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Topping. Mix remaining sugar and coconut, sprinkle evenly on top of muffins.
- Bake at 375 (Gas 5) for 20-25 minutes.