Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is more like a cobbler than a cake, and so easy to prepare! Just dump the ingredients into the pan one by one and bake. Would be great for a baby or bridal shower or another celebration. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if using a glass baking pan lower oven temperature to 325 degrees). Make sure the rack is in the center position.
- Spoon the pineapple evenly over the bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9" pan.
- Add the layer of cherry filling over the pineapple.
- Add the dry cake mixture, spread evenly so that it reaches all sides of the pan.
- Drizzle the entire pan with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the coconut and pecans evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until the cake is a deep brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream on top!