Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe is more like a cobbler than a cake, and so easy to prepare! Just dump the ingredients into the pan one by one and bake. Would be great for a baby or bridal shower or another celebration. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if using a glass baking pan lower oven temperature to 325 degrees). Make sure the rack is in the center position.
- Spoon the pineapple evenly over the bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9" pan.
- Add the layer of cherry filling over the pineapple.
- Add the dry cake mixture, spread evenly so that it reaches all sides of the pan.
- Drizzle the entire pan with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the coconut and pecans evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until the cake is a deep brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream on top!
Delicious and so easy. I skipped the coconut as I didn't have any. The rest I followed the recipe. Keeper recipe.
Well apparently my previous review didn't 'take', so here I am again! Pretty much followed your recipe on down & really loved the coconut, but then I'm also a big fan of cherries, so that was a nice plus, too! Another time I might add a can of sweet cherries, but we were very happy with the cake as made! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed just for the halibut!]
This is my favorite. Thank you for posting it. You just saved me a lot of trouble from tryng to find it again after a move!