Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Peeling silver foil from the chocolate kisses is like picking berries. One to keep, one to eat, one to keep,one to eat...
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 14 ounces flaked coconut (5 cups)
- 54 Hershey chocolate kisses (9 oz package unwrapped)
- To make dough-In large mixer bowl cream butter with the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla. Beat well.
- Combine flour,baking powder and salt.NOTE-A touch of almond extract intensifies cherry flavor.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in cherries and 3 cups coconut. Cover tightly and chill for 1 hour ,or until firm.
- To bake-Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in coconut.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Immediately press 1 kiss in center of each cookie.
- Cool 1 minute.
- Carefully remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire racks.
My Mom started Me on these a long time ago. I can be Dr make enough of them everyone loves them. However; I do not roll mine in the additional coconut. I did for the picture then went to not rolling them. To us it dries them out too much. To each his own though.