Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are probably my favourite cookie made with my Holiday Cookie Mix. They are kind of like a macaroon but a little more festive!
- 3 cups holiday cookie mix
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup coconut
- maraschino cherry, halved
- Dip measuring cup into mix and level off;allow to come to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl,combine cookie mix,1 cup coconut,almond extract and egg at low speed until well mixed and dough forms.
- In a small bowl,beat egg white and water until foamy.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Dip in egg-white mixture;roll in coconut.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Place cherry in center,pressing down lightly.
- Bake at 375 F for 11-14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- These overbake easily so keep an eye on them.
Made for PAC Fall 2008. Definitely 5 * on taste however, I did have a small problem getting the dough to hold together. So I took the leftover egg yolk (from the egg wash) and added it to the batter and that solved the problem. The cookie is so pretty with the cherries and the lightly toasted coconut. It will make my holiday trays look beautiful and I will definitely make these each year. Can't wait to try some of the other cookies that go with the Holiday Cookie Mix. Thx so much Lorrie!