Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is the most fantastic Cheesecake I have ever tasted. The recipe is from M.S. Milliken and S. Feniger (with very minor changes). I have no idea who they are but I sure do thank them for this great recipe. People just go silent when eating this.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 cups sweetened coconut, shredded and toasted (see bag for instructions)
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can Coco Lopez (sweet cream of coconut)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Wrap the outside bottom and sides of a 9 inch wide spring form pan with heavy duty foil, twice.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Get out your roasting pan.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, 1 1/2 cups of the toasted coconut, 1 tbs of lemon juice and the melted butter in a small bowl.
- Place the above mixture into the spring form pan and press onto the bottom and up the sides with the bottom of a measuring cup. You want to go up the sides about an inch. Place in the fridge while making the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the Coco Lopez, whipping cream, 1 cup of toasted coconut, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest and beat until well blended. Remix with a wooden spoon from the bottom up because the cream cheese seems to sink a bit.
- Remove the spring form pan/crust from the fridge and pour the filling onto the crust.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven, add the boiling water and then the spring form pan/cheese cake mix.
- Bake until puffed, about 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, cut around the side of the pan to loosen and spring it free!
- Sprinkle the remaining coconut over the top and press around the sides.