25 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Karen's Krazy Kitchen's Note:
This is the most fantastic Cheesecake I have ever tasted. The recipe is from M.S. Milliken and S. Feniger (with very minor changes). I have no idea who they are but I sure do thank them for this great recipe. People just go silent when eating this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 cups sweetened coconut, shredded and toasted (see bag for instructions)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can Coco Lopez (sweet cream of coconut)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Wrap the outside bottom and sides of a 9 inch wide spring form pan with heavy duty foil, twice.
- 3Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- 4Get out your roasting pan.
- 5Mix the graham cracker crumbs, 1 1/2 cups of the toasted coconut, 1 tbs of lemon juice and the melted butter in a small bowl.
- 6Place the above mixture into the spring form pan and press onto the bottom and up the sides with the bottom of a measuring cup. You want to go up the sides about an inch. Place in the fridge while making the filling.
- 7Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until well blended.
- 8Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 9Add the Coco Lopez, whipping cream, 1 cup of toasted coconut, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest and beat until well blended. Remix with a wooden spoon from the bottom up because the cream cheese seems to sink a bit.
- 10Remove the spring form pan/crust from the fridge and pour the filling onto the crust.
- 11Place the roasting pan in the oven, add the boiling water and then the spring form pan/cheese cake mix.
- 12Bake until puffed, about 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- 13Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- 14Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 15To serve, cut around the side of the pan to loosen and spring it free!
- 16Sprinkle the remaining coconut over the top and press around the sides.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 981.1
- Calories from Fat 726
- Total Fat 80.7 g
- Saturated Fat 53.9 g
- Cholesterol 291.5 mg
- Sodium 576.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 16.0 g