Recipe by LonghornMama
Got this recipe from a friend who makes this for her annual Christmas party. It is wonderful!
Top Review by ldkallander
Excellent, easy to make, my family raved about it. A few changes that worked for me: For the crust, I used about 1 cup of the bpxed Oreo crumbs that are usually found by graham cracker crumbs as it's getting harder to find choc. wafer cookies. Also, rather than pipe whipped cream around the top, I drizzled melted chocolate and then sprinkled the toasted coconut.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut, divided (1 1/3 cup)
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut (Coco Lopez)
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spread coconut on baking sheet; bake 4-6 minutes until light golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove and cool.
- Process cookies in a blender or food processor until finely crushed. Combine in bowl with pecans and sugar, then butter. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs and flour and beat until smooth. Beat in cream of coconut. Stir in 3/4 cup coconut. Pour over crust. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes or until cheesecake springs back when lightly touched. Center will be soft. Carefully loosen from edge of pan. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate until firm (8 hours). Remove side of pan.
- Pipe whipped cream around edge. Sprinkle remaining toasted coconut inside border.