Prep 0 mins
Cook 14 mins
Adapted from a US Navy recipe
Make and share this Coconut Cereal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda and set aside to add later.
- Cream together shortening and both sugars in mixing bowl for one minute. Mix at medium speed until light and fluffy, about three minutes. Add eggs and vanilla to flour mix while on low speed until combined. Add coconut, oats and corn flakes to dough. Mix at low speed until combined.
- Let dough rest 30 minutes.
- Divide into five equal parts and form into rolls.
- Slice each roll into 20 pieces; place on ungreased pan. Flatten to 1 /4 inch.
- Bake in oven preheated to 375 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly brown. Remove from pan while still warm. Recipe makes about 100 cookies.
These are a nice crispy cookie. I like that they do not have chocolate in them (DH didn't). I scaled ther ecipe way back to 20 cookies (1 roll) and used unsalted butter instead of shortening and Special K instead of Corn Flakes. They came out buttery and crisp and I loved the coconut in it as well. Made for PAC Fall 2011.