Recipe by Aram
Braised cauliflower simmered in coconut milk with thai curry. A truly decadent way to enjoy cauliflower. Serve on top of rice or by itself. I recommend freezing any extra curry paste you might have left over; it seems to keep almost indefinitely.
Top Review by Keee
This was delicious! I think it definitely needed some salt at the end, but my boyfriend liked it without. When I make again though, I think I'll simmer for longer than 10 minutes - I like cauliflower to be soft and at 10 minutes, it was still fairly crunchy. A great recipe though - Thank you for sharing!
- 14 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 1 small cauliflower floret
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons green curry paste (I use Maesri brand)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 dash chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the bottom of a thick bottomed skillet with vegetable oil.
- When hot, add the cauliflower florets and fry them until brown, taking care not to burn them.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir in the curry paste until well integrated.
- Simmer gently until the coconut milk is thick and creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving add the cilantro and salt to taste.
- Note: I recommend freezing any extra curry paste you might have left over; it seems to keep almost indefinitely.