Recipe by Mia in Germany
This is a very quick and simple, yet quite decorative and tasty soup.
Top Review by pammyowl
So delicious! I did make several minor changes. I made my own coconut milk and used chicken broth instead of vegetable broth. I simply cannot say how over the top scrumptious this was, thanks, Mia! Made for Try my recipe 2012
- 1 1⁄3 lbs carrots
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 7⁄8 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon curry powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop carrots, ginger and onion.
- In a pot, heat oil and fry ginger and onion until translucent.
- Add carrots and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add stock and boil at medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Lightly warm coconut milk and steam like you would steam milk for cappuccino.
- Add curry powder, salt and pepper to the soup and puree it.
- Fold in steamed coconut milk and serve immediately.