Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very quick and simple, yet quite decorative and tasty soup.
Make and share this Coconut Carrot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and chop carrots, ginger and onion.
- In a pot, heat oil and fry ginger and onion until translucent.
- Add carrots and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add stock and boil at medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Lightly warm coconut milk and steam like you would steam milk for cappuccino.
- Add curry powder, salt and pepper to the soup and puree it.
- Fold in steamed coconut milk and serve immediately.
So delicious! I did make several minor changes. I made my own coconut milk and used chicken broth instead of vegetable broth. I simply cannot say how over the top scrumptious this was, thanks, Mia! Made for Try my recipe 2012
This soup is AMAZING as is!! Needs no modifications. I served with garlic bread and a salad for a perfect vegetarian dinner. Also, it tastes even better the next day as leftovers. Very nutritious. Can't wait to make this with carrots we're growing right now.
What a wonderful soup! I often eat carrot soups and since I love curry, coconut milk, ginger, well, I just knew this soup was for me. I got greedy and had two big helpings and had enough to have for lunch the next day too. Very good indeed.
Thanks for posting.
Made for ***Ramadan Recipe Tag - 2011***