Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This makes 2 pies and that's a good thing; it tastes wonderful.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 baked 9-inch pie shells
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- In a large skillet, heat butter until melted. Stir in coconut and pecans. Cook and stir over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until coconut is golden brown. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Slowly beat in condensed milk. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon about one-fourth of the cheese mixture into each pastry shell. Drizzle each with one-fourth of the caramel topping and sprinkle with one-fourth of the coconut mixture. Repeat layers.
- Freeze about 5 hours or until firm. Serve or cover and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.