Recipe by Manami
Found on Meals For You and tweaked a bit by me. This is rich, decadent, not diet friendly, but oh so deliciously good!
- 1 ounce butter or 1 ounce margarine
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk, plus
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup banana liqueur (optional)
- toasted macadamia nuts, for garnish
- French vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter or margarine in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and coconut milk; simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Take off heat; add banana liqueur and put back on heat.
- Add bananas and cook until heated through.
- Transfer to serving plates and top with toasted coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.