Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe that I got from a recipe book that I got from my grandma. This is posted by request.
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lb angel flake coconut
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put the first 3 ingredients into a saucepan and get it to a soft ball stage (232*).
- Add the last 3 ingredients and stir fast to blend well.
- Press into a buttered pan and cut into squares.
- You can cover with nuts and caramels, if wanted.