Recipe by Fairy Godmother
I have been making these for my father in law since I married his son 21 years ago. These taste a lot like the bounty bars I use to get as a child. Every Christmas I include these in the dessert trays I make. I am unsure of the cooking time as I have never timed it.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- dipping chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, syrup, and water in a heavy saucepan.
- Cover, cook until boiling rapidly.
- Remove cover and insert candy thermometer.
- Cook until 234'.
- Remove heat, add coconut and almond flavoring.
- Pour onto a slab or platter and let cool.
- Shape into 3/4" balls.
- Dip in chocolate.