Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe from Bakers Chocolate.
Make and share this Coconut Candy Bar Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (1 ounce) squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 5 1⁄3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 (1 ounce) squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- Heat oven to 350. Microwave 4 squares of chocolate and 1/2 cup butter in large microwavable bowl on High 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir sugar into chocolate until well blended. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, with electric mixer on low until completely mixed. Add vanilla. Stir in 1/3 c flour, baking soda and salt. Beat in remaining flour alternately with water until well blended and smooth. Pour into greased and floured 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Mix coconut and milk until well blended. Spread on top of cake.
- Microwave cream and 2 T butter in large microwavable bowl on High 2 minutes; stir. Microwave 30 seconds or until mixture boils. Add 10 chocolate squares; stir until completely melted. Stir frequently until mixture is cool and of spreading consistency.
- Spread over coconut layer. Let stand until chocolate is firm. Cut into bars.