A delicious EASY cake mix base recipe I got from the Pillsbury website. I did make some changes in mine with the ingredients I had at home. This is the original recipe below. My changes made it more of a Mounds candy bar cake. Instead of white chocolate I used semi sweet chocolate chips and I also added coconut extract to the frosting. In the future I will also add coconut extract to the cake mix as will.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal or glass pan (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. Reserve 1/3 cup coconut milk for frosting.
- 22 In large bowl, beat cake mix, remaining coconut milk (1 1/3 cups), the water and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in 1/2 cup of the coconut until well combined. Pour into pan.
- 33 Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 44 Meanwhile, in 2-quart bowl, microwave vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 30 seconds or until melted. Stir; if chips are not completely melted, microwave 15 seconds longer, then stir until all chips are melted. Stir in powdered sugar, butter, reserved 1/3 cup coconut milk and the vanilla. Cover; refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes. (If frosting becomes too firm to spread, microwave uncovered on High 10 to 15 seconds to soften; stir until smooth.).
- 55 Spread frosting over cake. Immediately sprinkle top with 1/4 cup coconut. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cake With White Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g