Recipe by LAURIE
This is a different version on the "Better than Sex cake!" For those of us who truly love coconut. Great for potlucks!
Top Review by *HogHeaven*
This is the best Coconut Cake I have ever eaten! The first time I made it with both a box of butter pecan cake mix and yellow cake mix and it came out perfect. The other times I made it with just one cake mix which is what I should have done the first time. Either way, this cake is fantastic. I will continue to make this as my coconut cake. Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe. Everyone in my house LOVES it! :)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of coconut (if not on the shelf look in the liquor section)
- 1 cup coconut, for toasting
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- While oven is preheating put 1 cup coconut in a pie pan and carefully toast in the oven, stirring occasionally.
- (It will burn quickly so watch it carefully.).
- Mix cake mix, eggs, butter and water on medium speed for 2 minutes until mixed well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup toasted coconut.
- Pour into greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake about 33-38 minutes until toothpick inserted in center come out clean.
- Mix condensed milk with cream of coconut.
- Remove cake from oven and poke holes all over cake with the handle of a wooden spoon about 1 inch apart.
- Pour milk/cream of coconut evenly over hot cake.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with cool whip.
- Sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut, coconut and pecans.