1/2 Photos of Coconut Cake
This is a different version on the "Better than Sex cake!" For those of us who truly love coconut. Great for potlucks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup margarine or 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of coconut (if not on the shelf look in the liquor section)
- 1 cup coconut, for toasting
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2While oven is preheating put 1 cup coconut in a pie pan and carefully toast in the oven, stirring occasionally.
- 3(It will burn quickly so watch it carefully.).
- 4Mix cake mix, eggs, butter and water on medium speed for 2 minutes until mixed well.
- 5Stir in 1/2 cup toasted coconut.
- 6Pour into greased 13x9 pan.
- 7Bake about 33-38 minutes until toothpick inserted in center come out clean.
- 8Mix condensed milk with cream of coconut.
- 9Remove cake from oven and poke holes all over cake with the handle of a wooden spoon about 1 inch apart.
- 10Pour milk/cream of coconut evenly over hot cake.
- 11Cool completely.
- 12Frost with cool whip.
- 13Sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut, coconut and pecans.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.8
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 105.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
butter pecan cake mix