Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a little different than other coconut cakes. It is very moist and quick to make. Always a big hit, if you like coconut!
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 177.44 ml coconut
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml nuts (chopped)
- 236.59 ml evaporated milk
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Mix together sugar, flour,soda, coconut,salt, slightly beaten eggs & pineapple with juice.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Top with brown sugar and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- While cake is baking; cook evaporated milk,sugar,butter and vanilla in a saucepan until boiling.
- Pour over cake as soon as it is removed from oven.
- Prick cake with fork so topping will be absorbed.
I, personally would give this 10 stars! OMG, it is absolutely delicious!!!! For me, it has everything I love in a dessert! I much prefer a moist thick cake such as this to your standard cake with frosting! And, it was a breeze to make! This is definitely a keeper for me!!! Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT5 Dessert Challenge for team Ali Baba Babes.
This is a simple and easy cake to make. Very moist and great flavor. Everybody enjoyed it. Thank You Made for ZWT 5, Sultans of Spice