Recipe by BakinBaby
This is a little different than other coconut cakes. It is very moist and quick to make. Always a big hit, if you like coconut!
Top Review by jkoch960
I, personally would give this 10 stars! OMG, it is absolutely delicious!!!! For me, it has everything I love in a dessert! I much prefer a moist thick cake such as this to your standard cake with frosting! And, it was a breeze to make! This is definitely a keeper for me!!! Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT5 Dessert Challenge for team Ali Baba Babes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup nuts (chopped)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together sugar, flour,soda, coconut,salt, slightly beaten eggs & pineapple with juice.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Top with brown sugar and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- While cake is baking; cook evaporated milk,sugar,butter and vanilla in a saucepan until boiling.
- Pour over cake as soon as it is removed from oven.
- Prick cake with fork so topping will be absorbed.