Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, save 2 egg whites for frosting
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, for cake
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, for frosting
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar. Add two egg yolks and 1 whole egg. Then add milk, then flour and baking powder. Add 1/2 cup coconut.
- Bake at 375 in 2 9 inch pans about 20 minutes.
- FROSTING: Beat egg whites till stiff.
- Add 1/4 c sugar and beat till of spreading consistency.
- Put cake on oven safe plate. Spread icing on first layer. Place other cake layer on top and frost top and sides.
- Use other 1/2 cup coconut for top and sides.
- Put in oven and brown in 350 degree oven.
This was pretty good, but some how mine tasted a little like cornbread. Also, the frosting was a little chewy. But, my BF liked it so that really is all that matters. Thanks for giving me something new to try!